Thursday, May 14, 2009

Big Weekend

It seems as times goes on I have less and less time to update the blog....but I am trying my best! I would like to add in about 5 more hours to the end of the day so I could do ALL those things that I used to do so easily everynight....like CLEAN MY HOUSE! Not complaining...just stating the facts. But I wouldn't have it any other way:)

Moving on...this past weekend marked many special occasions for the Blake household. Last Friday Hudson had his very first veggie...carrots! He did pretty good the first go round. You could tell he was a little unsure of that unfamiliar consistancy but he got the hang of it! So far...I think his favorite are the sweet potatoes, but we haven't tried them all yet. We were advised to start with the "yellow" veggies, then the "green" veggies, and then fruit.All of these have to be tried for 3 days in a row to make sure he has no allergies and what not. So far he has had carrots, sweet potatoes, and squash. Can't wait to give him some yummy fruit...I know he'll love it! Here are some pics of him eating his carrots...we got it on video but its pretty uneventful, so I won't bore you.





Saturday marked one year since I got my positive pregnancy test:) It will always be a VERY special day to me. Hard to believe that in just one year's time we've gotten to where we are! Hudson has blessed our lives in so many ways that we couldn't have even imagined. Tyler and I would always lay in bed at night when I was pregnant and talk about what he would look like or what it would be like when he was here and now that he IS here its so hard to look back to when he wasn't. Good grief...I LOVE this baby:)

Sunday was of course Mother's Day. We had a nice low-key day...which I loved. My cards from Hudson and Tyler were very sweet and Tyler got me a thoughtful gift from my little man too. All in all it was a very nice and relaxing Mother's Day. Its hard to grasp the fact that in just a couple of short years Hudson will be bringing me a card or gift he made me himself:) I am so thankful to Tyler and Hudson for making me a mother. It is the most amazing, challenging, rewarding, and indescribable thing I have ever done. It's remarkable how a child gives your life so much purpose:)

A few pics to mark the occasion.








No comments:

Post a Comment