Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Catching up

I have fallen a little behind on my postings...we've been a busy bunch lately. Between Hudson, work, and vacation (and preparing for vacation!) it seems like the last few weeks have just flown by. After Hudson's 4 month check-up we started him on cereal. Dr. Roads recommended we start with that and then add in veggies and eventually fruit a few weeks after the cereal or whenever we feel he is ready. I can't believe we are at the point already! He has done great with the cereal...so cute to watch. We mix it with apple juice and water...he seems to prefer that over mixing it with breastmilk, which I don't blame him because the cereal has no taste. We are so excited to see his reactions to his first veggie! Here are a couple pics from his first few bites of cereal!





As I mentioned, we just got back from vacation. My family goes to Destin every year at this time, well everyone but my brother because he still has school going on and luckily...he is kind enough to take care of ALL the pets while we are gone (thanks Ryan:) I was a bit stressed before we went...packing for myself is one thing but packing for a 4 month old is another. I felt like we were taking everything we owned. I was also really worried about how Hudson would do in the car because as I have mentioned before he HATES his infant seat. So Tyler and I decided it would be best to leave in the middle of the night and hope for the best. AND he acutally did really well:) He did get up in the early morning, which he normally doesn't do, to eat but other than that it could not have gone better. He slept almost the entire way. The way home was not quite as easy but still better than we expected!

The trip was great. The weather in Destin was perfect and Hudson was a great baby. He napped ABNORMALLY well...must have been the ocean air;) He was a little small for his float that we got him but he still did pretty good in the water. He was never in the pool for very long, per Dr. Roads' orders, but when he was he did good. He was kind enough to nap in his stroller for over 2 hours in the shade twice so mommy and daddy could have some relaxation by the pool...so grateful for that! He also did really great on our trips out to eat which I was thrilled about. Normally anytime after 4pm is kind of like his witching hour...he is just crabby and hard to please, but that wasn't the case. I guess he just loves beach vacations like his mom and dad! Here are some of my favorite pics out of the 50,000 we took! I think it was a fabulous first vacation for our little guy and we certainly enjoyed having him there:) Its so amazing to create all these memories....we are blessed.

Beach time (Please excuse my greasy hair:)

First time with his feet in the sand:)

Smiley

More beach time

First dip in the pool

Pool time with daddy

AJ's

Floating!

My love:)

Hanging on the balcony with daddy

Jillian and Hudson

Two smiling boys...did I mention he is a ham when the camera is around?

Snoozin

Family Pic

Hudson cheesin with Gammy and Poppy

Taking a break from shopping

Cousins:)

Baytowne

Hudson's favorite spot to nap

Strolling around Baytowne

No comments:

Post a Comment